Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Finally Finished

Finished! Yippie! The dresser/hutch combo is FINALLY FINISHED! I don't think I'm going to be doing any furniture refinishing projects for a LONG time. I still have a few unfinished projects, but this project really burnt me out. I think it was b/c it had so many steps, sanding, priming, sanding again, priming some more, then two coats of paint. But it looks good in his room. I can finally start *really* organizing his room now, and try to figure out where everything is going to go.

I've been having some fun scrapping lately too. Over the weekend, I did a 'freestyle' page for Peyton's album, but I don't know if I will use it b/c it really isn't going to go with all the other pages. I might start a creative journal/scrapbook, and if so, it can go in that. I also did the 'title' page for his album, a 2-page layout from our honeymoon, and an additional 2-page layout for his album. I think I'm going to stop working on his album for now though, it is just too hard to make the pages ahead of time - having no idea what pictures I will get, or what I will really want to scrap. So, maybe I'll just work on our 2006 album for now.

Our garage door is off the tracks. Everywhere we have ever lived, we have always had problems with the garage doors. Very frustrating, but Eric should be able to get it fixed on his own, hopefully. Also, our lawnmower needs a new belt. And the pool in the back yard needs to come down, and the list goes on and on. I started making a list of all the things that I *really* want to get done in the next month before Peyton gets here. Of course, I know that everything won't get done, but getting most of it done will make me very happy and it will help me relax those two months at home, and enjoy Peyton without the added stress of all these todo's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

show a picture of the dresser! I love before and after pics of a project

Randi said...

I'm glad you got the dresser done. I bet it looks great! Now just rest and wait on that little man to come;)