Tinkerbell is my mom's dog, we got her when I was in 9th grade, so she is about 13 years old. When we first got married, she lived with us for about 2 years, but we had to give her back to my mom b/c she had potty problems really bad, and we had just built a new house and didn't want her ruining the carpet. We do still have Jasmine - which is her daughter.
Well, Tink has gotten sick alot over the last year, and has lost a ton of weight. She is constantly caughing up yuckiness and recently started coughing up blood. My mom should have taken her to the doctor a long time ago, but since no one that lives there cares about the dog, she has gotten really sick. So, my mom is putting her down today.
I feel guilty b/c I know if she would have stayed with us, we would have taken much better care of her and she would have been happier. But, at the same time I'm angry with my mom. Tink was NOT my dog. She never was until my sister started ignoring her and I took her with me when I got married mainly so that Jasmine wouldn't be lonely. I'm angry because no one has showed her any love for probably the last 2+ years.
I hope my mom feels guilty. She cares more about her new 'life' since getting divorced. She is never home with my brother (who is only 17) and hasn't been around on the weekends for the last 3 years or so. She lives with her fiance 30 minutes away from Friday-Monday which is the time that she really should be keeping a better eye on my brother. Corey has started getting into quite a bit of trouble lately, and I think that if she was around more, that he wouldn't be. Who knows?!? All she does is party and drink on the weekends. She never stays home anymore. It is sad. But of course, she did raise us and deserves to live her own life now, but she needs to finish raising my brother.
Urgh. This has totally turned into a mom vent instead of a 'remembering Tinkerbell' post...but everything that I said is true. Maybe once mom gets married in Feb her life will slow down again and she will act like our old mom.
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about Tinkerbell :( I hope things get better soon with your mom.
Post a Comment