My ‘goals’. Gosh, I don’t even know where to start. I have so many things that I would love to do, things I need to do, things I want to learn how to do, etc – yet here I am ready to make my list, and where have all my ideas gone?
So, I guess I’ll start with the obvious.
1. Lose weight. – 2 lbs per week, my first ‘mini’ goal for my weight loss is to lose 20 lbs by mid-March – which is when I’ll be going to the Scrapbook Weekend Event. To reach my ‘ideal’ weight, I need to lose 65 lbs, but I’ll be happy losing 45-50 lbs. I know that I’m not going to lose this weight overnight, but I also know that it is a commitment that I’m going to have to stick to. I’ve already lost and gained back about 10 lbs three times since Peyton has been born. It is so hard to lose the weight, but it is SO easy to gain it back. I’ll have to keep eating good and exercising if I can expect any of the weight to come off and stay off.
2. Enjoy Life – I need to make sure I take time to slow down and really enjoy this special time with Peyton and Eric. I don’t need to spend every extra second trying to keep the house clean, doing laundry, etc – nothing is as important as spending time with them. I only get to see Peyton for about 2 hours after work before he is in bed, so I’m going to plan on spending that time with him – and Eric, and not doing all the ‘stuff’ that needs to be done. I can do that after he goes to bed.
3. Enjoy Myself – I need to make time for me. Time to craft and scrapbook, take bubble baths, read and exercise. Take time to make me happy and so that I can feel good about myself.
4. Take better care of Jasmine (my dog) – I need to take a little time to love on her everyday. Even if it is just five minutes. She is so neglected right now. I also need to start back my bi-weekly bath routine and keep her ears clean (she has chronic ear infections). Right now, she has an ear infection and a yeast infection on her skin. I have the medicine to treat both, but too many days go by without me treating her. This sounds so horrible, but honestly, since Peyton was born, I don’t even think about her much. I need to bathe her at least 3x’s a week until the yeast infection is gone, and it will take about two weeks to heal, but if I don’t make it a priority, then it could spread and get worse – and I don’t want her to be in any pain.
Those are pretty much the jest of what I would like my goals for this year to be. I’m going to re-address my goals quarterly.
These are the things that I would LIKE to work on during the first quarter. I’m not stressing this list at all, if I don’t get around to them, they will just get pushed back to the next quarter.
- Lose 20 lbs
- Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week
- Organize all of my craft and scrapbook stuff
- Scrapbook at least 3 times a week after Peyton goes to bed – or do whatever makes me happy for an hour or more.
- Get involved at church again
- Finish my 'special' secret project
And these are things I would like to get done over the next year.
- Organize the garage
- Plant grass in the back yard
- Get shutters for our house
- Move Eric’s car (the one that isn’t driven) into the garage
- Learn how to knit
- Make the bonus room upstairs a play area for Peyton before his first birthday
- Organize the guest room, get the junk out of there, put the bedding ON the beds, hook up the tv and get the bathroom done (it needs a good cleaning, shower curtain, towels, hardware, etc.)
- Finish my china cabinet refinishing and move it into my scrap/craft room for storage
- Get a family picture done that we like
- Buy or make a bed
- Visit JR and Johnnie
- Visit Aunt Kat
- Make a few gifts for Christmas
1 comment:
Those are great goals, and by being specific about them you'll be more likely to reach them (or so they say LOL)
Post a Comment