2007 Goals - I still need to get my thoughts out on paper along with a plan as to how to accomplish the goals. But first, I looked back on last years 'resolutions' and oh brother! Nothing was accomplished at all! Well, things were accomplished - just not the things that I said would get done.
This is last years list:
1. To completely organize my scrap/craft room.
2. Lose weight, even if it is just 5 lbs, and don't gain ANYMORE.
3. Start a scrapping club.
4. Finish all of my current furniture refinishing projects, and don't start anymore until they are finished!!!
5. Completely organize everything that we bring into the new house.
6. Work on my witnessing
7. Continue to pay down our debts, and DO NOT charge ANYTHING.
Let me elaborate a little. I actually did lose some weight last January, about 6 lbs if I remember correctly. Then I found out I was pregnant, and that goal changed to trying to not gain 100 lbs over the pregnancy. I only gained about 40 lbs, so I think I did pretty good. I half-way accomplished the furniture resolution...although I did not finish any existing projects (due to being preggo) but I didn't add any new ones except for painting Peyton's hutch. Being organized didn't exactly work either. Everything baby related is very organized and I did purge lots of stuff - I also completely organized the garage, but after a few months it looks like a pig stye again. I didn't work on my witnessing at all. In fact, I have been a horrible slacker since around last May and I'm very ashamed that I have let myself not only get out of the habit of going to church, but we no longer have any responsibilities at church - which was something that I enjoyed.
But what hurts the most is #7. Continue to pay down debts and to not use the credit cards. We failed misserably. And we failed before Eric lost his job. After that, everything went right out the window. I make enough money to pay the bills. That is about it. So we have been charging food, clothes, baby stuff, etc. We are constantly praying for Eric to get another job, and then we hope to really tackle the debt. The selling of the trees on our land will also help take care of this - but I have started to think that there is no way we will ever be out of debt. This isn't something that I stress anymore. It used to drive me crazy and I stressed it all the time. I now realize that it is something that most American's have, even if they don't admit it, and we can work on it - but by putting so much stress on ourselves to pay down the debts, we end up having to charge because we have made our budget too tight. One day, they will be paid off, but I'm not about to feel guilty and stress it all the time. The main goal is to not charge anymore - and once we get back on track we can hopefully accomplish this.
And the scrapping club and organizing my craft room slipped also. Mostly due to the fact that while I was pregnant most of my free time and energy went toward the baby room. Which is funny considering that Peyton has not even slept in his room once! But now that he is sleeping pretty much all night (7-5 the last 3 nights) it is time to start thinking about moving him. I did organize my scrap stuff, but if you looked in my office/craft room you wouldn't think that. And the scrap club is something that I still want to do, but that might be hard with Peyton being so young right now.
So, this post has been taken over by last years resolutions that didn't happen, tomorrow I shall post on my GOALS for 2007.
2 comments:
I can't wait to hear your goals! Writing them down will help you reach them, and I'm sure that this year will be the year for you to reach all your goals!!
And hope you are feeling better.
don't you just hate money!!! ugh...i can so relate. we have been working arduously at paying down debt, but with us going to one income in October that goal is going to take a LOT longer which is hard. It is great that you wrote these down and you are working on things as a family.
Post a Comment