We had a great Valentine's Day. Eric really liked his 'mini' scrapbook and we went to Hobby Lobby (yeah!) and I got all the materials that I need for the classes next month at the Scrap Etc event and a few things that I just 'wanted'. Then we went out to eat and I got my hair cut.
The hair cut was horrible. I just dropped in because I only needed a trim - and it wasn't at a 'salon' it was just a hair cut chain beside the grocery store. Anyway, they didn't wash my hair before cutting (or after) so I got a 'dry' cut. OUCH. The lady was NOT gentle at all and everytime she would comb through my hair it felt like she was ripping a few hairs out. And my hair wasn't 'tangled', it was the way she combed through it. I have NEVER had a hair cut that hurt like this. I think it was because she just didn't care if she was hurting me or not. At the end I told her that I have never had a haircut that hurt like that (I probably should have kept my mouth shut) and she proceeded to tell me that she had 4 year olds that handled getting a hair cut better than me along with a few other insults - including saying 'you just had a baby and your complaining about a few tangles'. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but it really hurt. I would have had a better time at the dentist getting a filling than getting my hair cut by her. Afterwards I was quite upset. Upset that someone could be so mean to me, and upset that I didn't say more or say something to take up for myself. If she cuts little girls hair like she cut mine I don't know how they don't cry the whole time. I will never go back, and I will pay more to go to a salon where they wash your hair and try to earn your business by providing a good experience. But it is so typical for something like this to bother me for hours. I keep replaying everything in my head over and over, thinking of all the things I should have said and getting more and more mad/upset.
Then around 1 am I woke up with a HORRIBLE stomach ache. My stomach was cramping so bad. At first I thought it might have been the mexican food. But after about an hour I realized I had a stomach bug. I was in the bathroom every 30 minutes or so all night. I finally got some relief when Eric went by the drug store after taking Peyton to nursery to pick me up some medicine. Yesterday was horrible. I slept ALL day and my body hurt so bad. I'm feeling much better and almost back to normal today. Hopefully I'll be 100% by tomorrow b/c my Mom's wedding is tomorrow.
1 comment:
Wow - I would have definitely complained about that lady to the manager. What a hag. I hope you didn't tip her...I would have been just as mean back, but I'm horrible in holding back sometimes.
I'm glad you had a nice Valentines day - it sounds great! And I'm very jealous about your scrapping weekend - I can't wait to hear how it was :)
I hope you are feeling 100% for the wedding. Have fun and I can't wait to see pictures :)
Post a Comment