Sunday, January 11, 2009

Halftime Hamburgers

Yes, I'm supposed to be on a diet.  Yes, Hamburgers aren't typically diet food.  But when you watch 2 shows on the travel channel about the best hamburgers in America, you kind of get a crazy craving.  We made it almost 24 hrs before breaking down and going to buy hamburgers for dinner.  At least I'm making them, so they should be more low fat than at a restaurant...at least I'm going to tell myself that to make myself feel better.  E just ran to Publix during halftime of the Sunday afternoon playoff game (Chargers at Steelers) to get the meat and all the fixin's.  Oh, I can't wait to eat one.

You know, the one hamburger that stuck out most on the travel channel - was grilled cheeses (2 of them), 3 fried eggs, bacon, 2 kinds of cheese and a 1/2 pound burger.  The grilled cheese (one on each end) was the bun for this mega sandwich.  I think we will have to try that some time, but it will not be tonight.

I'm sick. I've been sick since Friday and it really stinks.  At least the body aches seem to be over today, but the constant throat itch has taken their place.  I don't know which is worse!?! 

This weekend has been a very lazy one.  Not much housework or cleaning has gotten done, but that is typical when you don't feel like moving.  Keeping up with a 2 year old while sick is enough of a challenge within itself.  So that means that the house will be a complete disaster by next weekend.  Maybe I should actually get some housework done during the week...one can dream!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

OOOH, get the morning star black bean burgers - great for a 2 second microwave hamburger and not too many complaints from non-veggie folks either! We love them!!