Yesterday was a typical Saturday. It was busy and flew by without us really getting to relax and just hang out. Eric was gone all morning for church work day - we are getting new carpet in the Sanctuary so they had to move everything out of the whole building. The pews, all the books from the library, the organ, etc. He helped out a lot and was careful not to hurt his shoulder. (His shoulder has been very messed up for about 6 months, and the last few weeks have been really bad. He had to get a steroid shot in the tendon last Friday).
Peyton and I went to the grocery store (just a fruit trip), and then we came home and I cleaned, did dishes/laundry and we ate lunch. Nothing too special, but busy none the less.
Then Eric had to go get his Papa who was traveling with his uncle, and take him to him Mom's house. Peyton and I had a nap (an awesome long nap by the way) and then Peyton and I joined Eric at his mom's and spent about 3-4 hrs visiting. While visiting, I started 'interviewing' Papa for the album that I want to do - a tribute to his life and Grandma's life (she has already passed). Learned a few things I didn't know, and made sure I got the facts straight on what I did know. What I did discover that I thought was interesting, he was only in the military for 3 years. And that is just about all that he talks about, is the military years and his time at war. I guess now that he is getting older and we hear the same story over and over - those are what he remembers most and that is what he talks about. That and the fact that Grandma died and he is alone after 60 years. Which is sad. I think he gets lonely and the house is so quiet, so he loves it when he visits or we visit him, and the house is slap full of people and kids running all over the place (driving us crazy) - but he loves it.
Then we get home, and E moved funny and hurt his back really bad. I mean, he can't move without hurting. I think he is going to go to the hospital when he gets up to see if they can do anything for him. It is really high up, like between his shoulders. I think he pinched a nerve maybe. Of course, none of the places that could help him will be open until Monday. And he was supposed to be going to the doctor in ATL with his mom on Monday. I don't know if the hospital will be able to help him, but he is in so much pain that I don't think he can wait another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment