Saturday, January 31, 2009

Number 20

Guess what?  This is my 20th post this month!  I think I might actually have gotten back into the habit of this blogging thing.

Last night the service at the church was pretty good.  I'm looking forward to the sessions today!  The couple doing the conference was divorced and remarried.  And it was a very ugly divorce that dragged out over 15m and involved custody battles (and cost them around $30,000).  Then 23 months later, they somehow started working it out.  So last night we heard the testimony of their divorce and how they came back together only through their relationship with the lord.  Funny thing was, they were very strong Christians when their marriage fell apart.  He was a deacon at the church and taught Sunday school.  They went to church and did all the 'church activities' - but their spiritual intimacy was not intact.

This is something that I think a lot of Christian's struggle with.  You can 'know' the theories/scriptures, but making those your reality is hard.  Applying those principles to your daily life, and not just putting on that happy face on Sunday's when you go to church is the key.  I have issues with that.  I have a hard time consistently applying God's word in my life.  I do the daily (most days) bible studies, I go to Church and Sunday school, but sometimes it is hard to FULLY rely and trust in God.

I have more to add, but I have got to start getting ready for going to church. 

No comments: