Saturday, February 28, 2009

Goodbye Feb

Wow, February is gone already.  Last week was a very full week.  Tuesday we went to the doctor in Atlanta, Wednesday I went to the dentist, Thursday I had an Uppercase Party AND worked on the computers at church, Friday night we went to see Eric's parents and broke in our new grill, and today we went out to eat at the new Mellow Mushroom pizza place.  Thursday afternoon we went to Lowe's and got a new grill, it was the first purchase with our tax money (and we don't plan to spend much on 'purchases' so it was exciting).  We got a char-broil grill - and it wasn't too expensive, just over $200.  I has the two cooking racks, the side burner, and an electronic ignition switch.  It is pretty nice.  And last night we ate STEAK.  It has been a long time since we have grilled at all, much less steak.  Our old grill hasn't been used in about a year because we were both getting pretty chicken about using it.  One day, I opened it, and a huge bird flew out (ok, it might not have been huge, but it scared me big time).  then another afternoon, a big (well medium sized) snake was inside it poking its head out the side hole where the handles were.  And it had gotten nasty over time, and it was a hand-me-down to begin with - and we both wanted a new one, so we went and bought one.  And it cooked SOOOO good, and was super easy to use.  I'm hoping this will help us eat more varieties of healthy chicken, pork chops, etc. 

No comments: