Today was one of those super long days that feels like two days.
We took Paula to her chemo treatment, and she was honest with the doctor and told her that she really didn't feel very well at all, but that she was going to go ahead and do the treatment to get it over with. He gave her the option of waiting a week, since her cancer is responding so well, but she said to go ahead and go for it. Then they did blood work (they always do blood work before the treatment) and her blood counts were too low to do the treatment. Which is why she is so tired and week all the time. So they gave her another immune booster shot and scheduled her for a blood transfusion to get her blood counts back up, which she had this afternoon at the hospital. Emily stayed the whole afternoon with her at the hospital since we were in Atlanta. I actually think that it was a good thing to postpone this treatment to give her a week to build back up her strength. Each treatment has been harder and harder on her, and we don't want her to end up in the hospital - so hopefully this will be what she needs to help her make it through the next two treatments.
The doctors appt at Emory took FOREVER. It always does. It took over 2 hrs for my appointment. I talked to the doctor about what would happen if I did get pregnant before my 2 year tumor free date, and he said that we could skip the x-rays during that time, or use a special wall/lead surrounding to protect the baby if we needed to do one. He didn't make it out like it would be that big of a deal, he even said, 'congrats if you do'. So I feel better about possibly trying to get pregnant before the 2 years. It just took us about a year to get pregnant with Peyton, so I would feel much better going ahead and trying ahead of time because we really didn't want our kids to be 4.5-5 years apart. Even if I was pregnant right now they would be 3 years apart, which I think is ideal, 5 years, I think is a bit too far.
He also said I don't have to get penicillin before my dental appointments. Many people that have knee/hip replacements have to get the medicine before dental appointments for 2 years. He said with my metal being completely inside of the bone it would be ok.
Then we went on a dummy mission. We were very close to the Lenox mall in downtown Atlanta, which is where the Falcon's store is. We wanted to go check it out, and we were hoping they would have some good sales going since it wasn't football season. WELL, we go on a wild goose chase to find the store, which included going down 3 levels in the huge mall to realize that the store closed 2 months ago. It was gone! So sad. We also were going to try to find me some new shoes (Nike's), but none of the stores had quite what I was looking for, and I want to find the perfect shoe if I'm going to spend $100 bucks - and I wear them for at least a year almost daily, so finding the 'right' pair is very important to me. Then we ate in the food court and booked it home to pick up Peyton with about 2 minutes to spare.
So, today was a very long and busy day. I hate going all the way to Atlanta (2 hrs away) for the checkups, but I enjoy the time I get to spend with Eric. We get to talk and laugh all the way to the doctor, during the LONG wait at the doctor, and on the way back. I have already picked out a few stops I would like to make on the next trip, which will be in May. Their is a super cute fabric store in Stockbridge (where we used to live when we first got married) called 'Scarlet Thread' - and I really want to go check it out. It is an old house/cottage turned into a fabric and sewing shop, and everyone that has gone has had wonderful things to say about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment