Saturday, March 21, 2009

Struggling

Right now I'm really struggling with one topic - going back to school for my Masters.  I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO!!!  But I feel like I have to somewhat.  I know that without a masters, I'm not going to move up at work.  Then there is the 'inner' struggle/question of, 'Do I really want to move up?'  Right now, not so much, but I have about another 30 years to work, and I might change my mind.  I also think that if I ever figure out/decide to try to run a store/business, I could learn many valuable things while getting a MBA that will assist with that.  Then there is the whole, which Master's program to take (Engineering or Business) - and then the issue of money.  I guess it has really been bugging me lately because all my close work girl friends either already have a masters or are in school getting one.  I don't want to regret not getting one later in life, but I'm really enjoying my life as it is right now.  Egh.......

1 comment:

Donna said...

i can sooooo relate to this topic. I don't want to either.. however - having a few years "up" on you, feel I SHOULD do it now... then again, what would I gain at this point? More responsibility ... hum, no thanks! Good luck with your decision. Aim for the full time student thing for the one year... if you can get someone to sponser that move, you'll be golden - a year off to go to school AND get paid... I know i would take it... however I have too many classes to take before I'm a year away from completion... that's what holds me back - the year or two prep work to make it to long time full time student.