Monday, July 24, 2006

Getting Scared...

You all know that last week I was on vacation. So, I got to watch some daytime tv. Of course, this means that I probably watched about 15 episodes of 'A Baby Story' and 'Birth Day'. I also found a few new shows, like 'Surviving Motherhood'. I'm really starting to get nervous about delivery. I know that I can do it, because my body will just take over, but I'm still scared. I've always been scared.

It also seems like since I've been pregnant, I'm all the sudden in some conversations with my cousins and sister-in-laws that I never imagined. They are all such GREAT mothers, but now they are sharing some not-so-hot aspects of becoming a mother that they never talked to me about before. Very enlightening. Stuff like breastfeeding, how hard the first few weeks were, and how they feel about there bodies now. One thing that really scares me is still looking pregnant when I come back to work about 2 months after Peyton is born. I know I won't be in my pre-pregnancy jeans yet, but please, please, don't let me still look pregnant!

Breastfeeding also scares me. What if my milk doesn't come in. What if I can't do it. I will feel like a failure. I want to go at least 6 months. I'm worried about pumping at work, and how that will work out. I read a scary statistic, about how only 10% of working moms are breastfeeding after 6 months. Yikes. The breastfeeding issue doesn't only scare me because I really want to do it for our son, but I also REALLY want to save money and get all the other benifits (like maybe bf'ing helping me lose weight)...

I guess I really shouldn't stress too much. I will try my best at bfing, and I will get through labor - somehow. Hopefully with drugs!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Breastfeeding can be difficult for some people, but not everyone. If you are determined that you are going to breastfeed and you have a support system you can get through the rough times. Even though it is hard don't worry about labor, everyone's is different and you can get through it. If I would have known how labor was going to be before it happened I would have thought that I couldn't possible do what I did, but I got through it and you will too. Who knows, you could be a lucky one with an easy labor. Just keep an open mind.