Tuesday, July 25, 2006
I failed the test...
I failed the 1 hour gestational diabetes test today. It wasn't the 3 hour like I though, I just got confused because the nurse said it would take a couple of hours. I have to take the 3 hour test on Friday. Bummer. We will get our next ultrasound though, and that will make everything better! I'm worried now though, of course. Diabetes run in my family, and I'm not exactly a 'skinny minnie' either, so I'm not really shocked. However, I was pretty surprised when the doctor said that 4% of all pg women get GD, which I thought was kinda low so it makes me feel bad. I feel like part of the problem is because I gained weight before I got pregnant. If I would have been at my "ideal" weight already, then this probably wouldn't have happened. Makes me feel like it is all my fault. I'm anxious for Friday so I can see the results and learn how to manage it if I have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear that:( Like Heather said I've known gals to fail the first but pass the three hour one, I wouldn't worry. I'll be sending you passing vibes your way on Friday:) I'm glad you get to see Payton, that never gets old;)
Post a Comment