Sunday, April 22, 2007

Technically Not Blocked

A week or so ago I posted that I was blocked at work. Well, I'm not blocked...I just can't write a post. So, I'll just have to keep posting from home, but I can at least view my friends blogs - although, I haven't had time for that lately either. I usually keep my bloglines (all 50 or so blogs) read, without having many unread entries. But that is all changing. I have been keeping my 'online friends' sections read, but the others are slipping.

We have decided to go to Disney World for our Anniversary in May. I booked this trip last year, and it is a 'free' trip as long as we go on the tour where they try to sell us a timeshare. The tour can get kind of ackward - but as long as you keep saying NO over and over, it is worth it. We stay at resorts that are WAY out of our price range for free!!! At least this trip is free. The last trip was $99, but that was only $33 a night, so that was very cheap.

problem is, the rest of the stuff isn't free. Like food, gas and all the other stuff that goes along with traveling. We decided to use some of our Christmas money for the trip, and hopefully we can stick to just using that. I don't want to put this trip on the credit cards, and i think since we both agreed to use the christmas money, we should be fine.

I'm busy with all the normal 'mom' and 'wife' stuff, but I'm also busy trying to get stuff done for the swap. I need to have it packaged and mailed out by the end of next weekend (since we will be leaving for Orlando a week from Wednesday). Today I got a mini album done for the swap, and I'm thinking of making her an apron. She also has two daughters, so I'm going to try and get some goodies for them. Maybe make a doll quilt, since those are all the rage right now, but we will see.

I have been selling some stuff on ebay to help pay for all my craft needs lately. I had to reorder a PayPal debit card b/c mine had expired. I think I might start trying to go by goodwill a few times a week to find good bargans that can be resold for profit - since i don't seem to have time to go yard saleing on saturdays. That is where the money is!!! I used to average over $100 in profits each month from yard sales.

The problem with yard sales with a baby is that every time I get out, i have to get him out and into the stroller, which has to be folded up and put in the truck each time. I get tired just thinking about it. I might try to go and take the umbrella stroller, but getting him in and out of the car over and over just doesn't seem like much fun. We shall see. My 'need' for thrifting is in overdrive right now though.

I guess I best get off and go put my little sweetheart to bed. He is in his jumperoo with his little arms up whinning at me. He has learned out to 'signal' us to come and get him, and it is too cute. He also 'helps' get out of the car seat now by leaning to the side after I get him out of the straps.

No comments: