Monday, April 23, 2007

What a day

My bad day started in the middle of the night - with Peyton up sick. he has been sick with a cold for a few days, so the last few nights have been rough. I got him back to bed and my head was hurting, but I just took some Advil and went to bed. Around 4ish, I woke up and my head was killing me. I took a migraine pill, but it didn't work at all.

Around 7ish, Eric took Peyton to nursery for me and I took another pill and layed down. This was definitely a 9 migraine (on a 10 pt scale) - a full blown take me down migraine with a throbbing head if i tried to move and nausea that had me running to the bathroom a few times. After an hour i knew the pill wasn't working, but I couldn't take another one b/c I had already had two (the max for one day). I just layed in bed hoping to go to sleep.

Eric comes home, his stomach is hurting. by 10 am, we are at the med stop because he has a stomach bug and is getting sick over and over. Meanwhile, my head is still killing me and i feel sick to my stomach too (luckily it was just the migraine, and i didn't have the bug also).

Get a call from Ms. C around noon, while Eric is still waiting at the med stop, and Peyton is running a fever. So i make the appointment for him with his doctor. While Eric is at the medstop (for over 3 hours), i came home, disinfected the house the best that I could, and washed EVERYTHING from our bed. I decided to take another migraine pill. My head was hurting to bad not to. Luckily this pill worked, and about the time I get to Peyton's doctors appointment I'm feeling better.

So, my question is, WHY do Mom's never seem to be able to be sick??? How come the day that I needed to stay in bed and rest/sleep all day be the day that everyone gets sick. Typical.

Hope tomorrow is better. Peyton can't go to daycare for one more day because he is barely contagious, but it is better to be safe, so the doc said at least one day. So tomorrow is looking like another sick day - which means two days of leave, so i seriously doubt we will be going to Orlando next week. i just don't have enough leave. Eric said that maybe he will be able to keep peyton tomorrow, but i just don't know how long it would be before he isn't contagious anymore and i don't want to risk it.

tonight is going to be another LONG night.

No comments: