Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Peyton - 6 month checkup

He is now 17 lbs 15 ozs (i'll just say 18lbs) and 27 3/4" long. Growing so fast. He is now in the 90% for height and 75% for weight. His weight gain finally slowed down a bit, he has only gained about 2 1/2 lbs during the last two months.

So we have a green light for fruits, veggies and juice. I actually started feeding him veggies last night because I knew that he would be okay. Green Beans were the first veggie - so he will have those for a few days, and then I'm thinking squash might be next.

He is getting so close to being able to sit up. I'm guessing that within the next two weeks he will be able to do it on his own. We have been helping him 'practice' alot lately.

He did have to get shots again today. Three of them. And he didn't even cry. Such a big boy. After the third shot his face was starting to get very red and he was about to start crying, but I picked him up and he immediately stopped and smiled at the nurse. She said that is NOT something that the babies usually do after getting shots.

This morning I brought him in to see the ladies that I work with. They are always asking me when I will bring him in next, so before the doctors appointment was a good time.

Hope tonight goes well. He didn't do too hot after his 6 month shots, so maybe tonight won't be that bad. Last night he slept in his bed again, and after getting up 5 times (all on my own, he didn't wake up) I just brought him back to his playpen in our room. Tonight we will do the same thing and maybe after a few nights I'll be able to sleep again. He did great though. Slept all through the night, even with me moving him around 2.

No comments: