Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why does it have to be so hard

I did a quick weight check this morning, and I'm up.  UP.  And I have been eating great for the last few days.  I'm driving myself insane.  Maybe I'm just ment to be a bigger girl and will never get back into my old clothes ever again. 

And I woke up at 3:00 with a nightmare.  Laid in bed trying to go back to sleep until around 4:45, finally go back to sleep only to have another nightmare within about 20 min, so I got up at 5:09, only about 20 min early, but still.  I know how today is going to be, as I've had nights like this all too many times.

Today is payday.  I will be rich for about 1 day, until I pay all of our bills tonight.  Ha.

AND today I get my first check of the year with my raise.  It was a pretty decent raise, enough to get a wee bit excited about.  Of course, every single deduction went up (taxes, healthcare, dental, life, etc).  EVERY SINGLE ONE.  Oh well.

Oh - and I keep forgetting to mention that I cut off all of my hair a few weeks ago and donated it to Locks of Love.  I need to get a picture of me with my new shorter do.  It is up to my shoulders now!

Took Peyton for another speech evaluation (his 3rd).  The last few times we agreed to do a home plan, but now we are going to start taking him to therapy twice a month.  She thinks a few sessions should really get his words to sound right (a lot of his words sound the same - block, box, bowl for example).  He pretty much starts words pretty good but doesn't 'end' them.  So we will re-evaluate after a couple months I guess.  I'm not really all that worried, but I would like to help him catch up so he will be more eager/ready to learn when we enroll him in preschool in the fall.  Speaking of preschool - it is time to start looking and registering already - some schools register in Feb and others in March. 

AND it has been 22 degrees the last 2-3 mornings.  WAY too cold for this GA girl.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Nat, stick with it! Even though you aren't seeing results, eating better and exercising is ALWAYS good for your body. The rest is just vanity. But Peyton wants his mommy around for a long, long time, and doing these things are what you can do to make it happen. There's a lot we don't have control over where our health is involved, but this you do.

"Results" or "not" - because I know that you are having good results inside your body, where you can't see - keep going. You're doing terrific work.