Thursday, May 25, 2006

Abortion...

I know I could be opening a GUMBO can of worms here, but this is an issue that I have always been against. I really don't think that some people really understand how much this happens. And now that I'm pregnant, and I have seen my baby on the ultrasounds, and love it SOOO much, I don't see how on earth people could kill an baby.

Maybe I know these issues a little more than the 'average' person because of how much I have seen through my sister and her friends. Some of her friends have had MULTIPLE abortions. Now, after one time, it seems like you have LEARNED your lesson. You should do SOMETHING to prevent it next time. And they don't. I mean, technically they wouldn't have had to have so many abortions if they had the first baby because that means you can't get pg for 9-10 months. And then one person I know, had an abortion, then got pg two months later and decided to keep the baby. Yes, that is better, but couldn't you have had the FIRST one. Her parents begged her to have the first one, and she didn't. Now her parents are raising her two children.

I really hope that they pass the law where any girl/woman considering having an abortion must have an ultrasound first. I remember my first u/s at 10 weeks. You could already see a little body, and arm and leg 'nubs', you could see him moving already. I just want to cry thinking about it, thinking about someone killing a tiny little baby. Makes my heart ache...

I wish that all these women would just have their babies and give them up for adoption. I know that then they would have the guilt of giving up their child, but wouldn't they have guilt for having an abortion too. That I think is the problem. These women don't have any guilt because they don't give a damn. They don't care about anyone but themselves. Now, I am NOT talking about every case, some women are not like this, they did truly care...but from what I have seen, most are NOT like that.

I just really needed to get this off of my chest because yesterday I found out about another abortion...someone that I know had one. This has always bothered me, but I just hurt so hard when they told me. It is just so sad...and how can you tell a PREGNANT woman about an abortion. Please, that is information that I would rather not know...

3 comments:

Randi said...

What is really hard for me is knowing that there are women out there who can't get pragnant. Dh and I tried for over a year and had two miscarriages so this subject doesn't sit well with me either. Now that I'm a mother it really doesn't sit well with me. So many people would LOVE to adopt these wonderful babies!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say I was more open-minded and say *to each his own*, it was something I, personally, could never do. But like you, after seeing my baby for the first time at 9 weeks, I couldn't imagine aborting him. Then after feeling and seeing him growing inside of me, I can't wrap my mind around the fact that people do this to babies, no matter the what the cause of the pregnancy. Life begins at conception. That is just my opinion, but I really don't understand how something LIVING, with a heartbeat that is growing and thriving can not be considered a life. It breaks my heart.

Cara said...

It's so nice to see this post. I agree with you 100% I'm due in Aug, and we had our first U/S at 8 weeks. It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen! I have a picture on my blog I think you'd like. I'm not sure if it's still on my front page, but it should be in my archives for the month. It's a picture of a Dr performing surgery on a baby in the uterus and its little hand grabs his finger. It's amazing and definitely a tear jerker. Our babies are such a miracle!