Thursday, May 04, 2006

More about yesterday...

I was so shocked that it was a boy. I still am a little. I must say, that all my life up until about a year or so ago, I always wanted boys. I didn't care if we had a girl or not. Probably because I was a semi-tomboy, but that all changed when Michaela was born. She is my cutie pie niece that is just gorgeous. Then her little sister, Summer, and my cousin's two girls Lauren and Emma. They are all so beautiful that it made me start wanting a little girl. And then the clothes are so cute, stuff for the room is so cute, so much prettier than boy stuff.

But, I'm estatic. I'm so excited that we have a very healthy little boy. The nurse calculated the due date according to his weight at this point, and it is still Oct 10th. He had the hiccups during part of the u/s, and you could also see him sucking his thumb. I'm so in awe of what my body is doing each day to create this perfect little boy.

If we would have had a girl, the furniture that we already have would have been perfect. It is a yellowish white wash with blue flowers painted on it. I got it at a yard sale about two years ago, and we have been using it in the guest room since. This furniture is NOT going to work for a little boy though. I think I want to do black furniture, maybe - I really like the way that it looks. I don't know if we will do a football theme or not. Eric loves Football, and so do I, but I'll just see how well I can put something together because I don't like any of the bedding sets that are out there, which would mean that I would have to make it myself. At least there is plenty of time...and I do have a bedding pattern. We will just have to wait and see.

Only a few days until we leave for Disney. We leave on Sunday, and I can't wait!!!

No comments: