Yes, I am already thinking about Christmas. I was in the bathroom, doing my 'business', which seems to take a LOT longer now that I'm pg that it EVER did before. I've even started bringing magazines into the bathroom with me now (at home). Okay, enough of the TMI.
I was thinking about the rest of the year, and how different Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday (Nov. 10th) is going to be this year. We will be parents! I will be a mommy! Then, I thought, we will get to get stuff for the baby for Christmas too, so I can ask my Mom and Eric's mom for stuff that we didn't get for the baby from the showers that we still need. Especially stuff that isn't really needed until the baby is a few months old.
Then it hit me. Christmas. When am I going to get my shopping done. I surely am NOT going to wait until after the baby comes, that is just too much pressure. Also, Eric will be taking a few weeks off work, unpaid, in October, so we might have a month or two of a very tight budget because of that. I however can't wait for us to spend 2-3 weeks home with the baby bonding. I think that is VERY important, and I want him to be there to experience it with me, and to HELP me!
We probably won't get to go to Eric's grandpa's for Thanksgiving this year, he will barely be 6 weeks, so I don't know I will be ready for a road trip yet. Christmas will probably be the first road trip...I'll just wait and see. I'm actually relieve to not have to worry about Thanksgiving. We always run all over the place, and try to make it to 4 dinners in two days. Just TOO much. Every year I'm pooped after Thanksgiving and Christmas b/c of all the places that we go. This year, I'll use the baby as an excuse to skip out on a few...and I'll be pooped already from the baby, so it might be best anyway.
1 comment:
yes, you have a great excuse!!! And at all the family holidays it works wonders. I have a very large, loud southern family, so this year at Easter when it all got to be *too much* and Conner was fussy b/c EVERYONE wanted to hold him, I said he was hungry and wisked him away for 20 mins of alone time with mommy, which calmed him down right away. As long as you've got kids, you got all the excuses you need ;)
Post a Comment