I have this constant urge to get stuff done in my house. It could be that we moved in only a few months ago, and that we still have TONS of stuff not organized. Like my office/scrapbook area. Last night I finally unpacked all of my Scrapbook stuff (along with a few other boxes). The garage is still a complete disaster. I'm missing stuff b/c I haven't unpacked everything. No pictures are on the wall, and the painters still have to finish up some touchups. The laundry room is a complete mess, I need to buy a organizer and organize all the laundry and spend a whole day catching up with all the dirty clothes that we never wear. Better yet, why do we even have so many things that we honestly don't need.
The upstairs hasn't even been touched, except to move boxes into. We need to get the furniture from the baby's room up there, since we can't use it for a boy we are going to use it for the guest room. The beds haven't even been put up yet, and the room needs to be arranged. The bathroom up there hasn't been used yet, and has spider webs in the corners and tub. I need to get some basic stuff put up there, like towels and a shower curtain and bath mat. I know that we are going to be having company once our little guy arrives, so this is important.
Then we still have the issue of the baby's room. I feel like I'm going too slow with this. I remember my SIL and BIL had Michaela's room finished within DAYS of finding out that she was a girl. It has been two weeks, TODAY, and we have done NOTHING yet. I have googled and ebayed for a few items, but haven't bought anything or made any decisions. We really need to go to the babies-r-us in Morrow (near Atl) which is about 1.5 hours away and pick out some baby furniture to get for the room. That way we can save money on shipping, and get to see the crib/furniture in person to help make a decision.
I know this is a very rambling post...I still have a million things going through my mind, but I think what I really need to do is make a list (which I already have plenty of), but make a MUST do list, and then take out the calendar and schedule each major task for a weekend or however long I think it will take to do it. That will help us stay focused and get more stuff done, and it will help ME feel better. I even bought a dry erase board that has a calendar section on it, so I can put stuff down for the next month...Eric is really going to LOVE this. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment