First off, we sold my Mustang to Eric's sister. I'm sad, but I will get over it. I really didn't want to sell it to someone that I knew, just because that means that I have to see it all the time. And I have babied this car so much, that I really don't want to see someone *rag* it out, or make it into a race car...and I know that they aren't going to take care of it like I did. Oh well, one day I will have an old fastback and I won't even think about this white convertible anymore.
And work. I have been offered a lateral job as head of bringing IT technologies to the base. This is not a promotion, but it is a job that would probably put me in line with experience needed for a promotion. I would, however, have to stop all programming and become a project manager. I would have to go on business trips and go to lots and lots of meetings, which I don't like too much...so I'm really talking myself out of it. I actually LIKE working on projects at the level that I am working now. I like still being able to design the solution and working with customers to provide them with what they need in a program. I like coding. I like the challenge. I don't like meetings and research, so I just don't know if I would be happy. I hate to change jobs now just because this MIGHT help me in the future...but it is a very *noticed* position...I guess I will have to do alot of thinking and praying to see what is right for me and our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment