Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Quick Memory

I was looking a this weeks DARE here http://fortheloveofeffers.blogspot.com/. You are supposed to use a t-shirt/slogan to inspire a scrapbook page. I immediately thought of my 'lucky' tshirt from college. It was a nike t-shirt that had BRINGITON (bring it on) across the front as one word. I wore this shirt for EVERY single Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 test, and to lots and lots of other tests throughout my college career. It would help me get all 'siked' (sp?) up for the test and I got into it so much that I really thought 'bring it on' everytime I started a test. Yes, I was THAT geeky! And maybe the t-shirt did help, I did make it through college without ever failing a class, and only getting a handful of C's in the very hard courses.

Now, my current favorite t-shirt is my DR Pepper t-shirt. I LOVE DP, and I now love this t-shirt. It looks all worn and vintage like - even though I just bought it last year. Eric made fun of me when I brought it home, which just re-inforced what a dork I can be about certain things. I mean, do I really NEED to have a t-shirt that has the label of my favorite soda on it? Yes, Yes I did. And what made it even more funny, was that same night that I brought the shirt home, we were driving into town to go somewhere (I can't remember where) and there was this fat kid walking along the side of the road with a shirt that looked like my Dr. Pepper shirt. Sure enough, on the way back home we saw him, the fat dorky highschool kid that looked like he had no friends walking home from school in none other than my Dr. Pepper T-shirt. We both died laughing. And I know it sounds mean - I don't mean to pick on this boy, but it really helps visualize the story. So, after that day, my Dr. Pepper t-shirt became even more dorky!

1 comment:

Randi said...

LOL..I too have a Dr. Pepper T-shirt that I love;) Probably cause I like that pop so much.