Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Not going to go on vacation

Eric and i were both feeling very uneasy about going on vacation right now. Technically the room was free, but the travel, food and all the other expenses that go into a trip would NOT be free. I feel so much more at ease about the situation now.

I'm feeling very very anxious about money right now. Selling the house would be the answer to all of our problems (right now), but we both need to work on our spending habits and spending our money wisely. I think we do a pretty good job now, but we could do much much better and we HAVE to get everything under control or we will never get out of debt.

At this point, all I want to do is to stop using the cc's. We can worry about paying them all off later, but we have to stop using them or they will never get paid off. But things always come up. Last week we had to get two new tires for the car and Eric and Peyton were both sick - so the 2 doctors visits plus medicine was $90 bucks. Just an example.

And we don't have extra money right now. I don't think the house is going to sell quickly - so we need to focus on another solution. We could sell one of our cars and Eric could drive his old mustang. We could sell our land and that would save almost $600 a month. Lots of options.

I also think I'm going to try to have a yard sale soon. It will help get rid of junk we don't need that is cluttering up the house, and we could make some extra money. I've also started selling stuff on ebay again, and my goal is to keep saving that money and it will be our 'fun' account - money for vacations and family stuff that isn't in the budget right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your financial concerns-all too well. Believe me, you are not alone! However, even if you elect not to travel anywhere this year, be sure to take some time for yourselves. You don't have to spend a lot of money. Just do something that is:
1.Enjoyable to you, and
2.Different from the norm

For example, what's in your home town? Have you visited all the scenic, historical, artsy, sports-related sites? You could go camping at a nearby lake or resort, take a romantic weekend in a neighboring town, etc. There are many possibilities, just be good to yourself and take a break from your worries, if only for a few days.

Whatever you do, have a wonderful time, don't worry and have fun!

Take care,

Visiontree (newcomer)