Saturday, June 02, 2007

My thrifting finds

DSC01822


These are all the things that I found today. I got a very cool old basket that will be used as a magazine holder in the bathroom, a cool jar, three Christian books (only one shown here), a very pretty floral vase that I'm going to use on my desk for pens and stuff like that, two craft books, one pattern, a friendship book that has very cute drawings that I might use for something fun, a set of embroidered curtains, orange ribbon and a embroidery hoop.

Another good find was a Halmark 'tart' burner - you put the tealight candle in the bottom of the green ceramic vase and then put the 'tart' in the top tray. This still has all the tags on it and it has never been used, so this might go in the 'gift' closet to be used as a good 'cheap' gift.

And here is a picture of all the fabric I have gotten over the last two weekends. My favorite is the fabric that is on the top of the stack. Don't know what I'll use any of this for, but I like it!!!

DSC01828

I didn't get to go to tons of sales because of rain. It started raining around 8ish and started coming down pretty hard not long after that. We need rain SO bad here in GA. South GA has had a huge wildfire going for what seems like months now, and middle georgia (where I live) has been quite smokey for weeks. I hope this tropical storm that is coming through with heavy rain will put out all those fires. It has been over 60 days since it has rained in S. Ga so we need it BAD.

Another great steal that I found today was a crib and changing table. I saw it at a yard sale and called my sister to tell her - and woke her up at 7:15ish, but it was worth it b/c she got right up and went and got the furniture for just $60 bucks. It was in great condition and made by Graco - so she got a great deal.

No comments: