Thursday, June 14, 2007

Two more teeth!!!

I guess now I know why the last week or so has been so bad. Peyton was cutting his 5th and 6th teeth. I kept looking in his mouth at the bottom, not at the top, and then the next thing I know, he had two more teeth on the top.

Sigh. It is just another sign that he is growing up WAY too fast.

And I've been meaning to do a recap of last month. TONS of new things happened in May.

- First off, he started sitting up all by himself without me having to worry about him falling over. I was starting to worry, I mean he was nearing 7 months and I still couldn't leave his side when he was sitting up for fear that he would fall over and bump his head. So, by our anniversary (May 5th) he finally got the sitting down thing mastered.
- Then by mother's day (one week later), he was crawling. More like scooting, but it didn't take him but about a week to get crawling figured out and now he is all over the place.
- Pulling up, about two weeks after he started crawling. I was SHOCKED. I had no idea he would be pulling up so fast. I expected a crawling baby for at least a few months before he was starting to walk, but I have read that once they are pulling up, crawling is about a month behind. I'm not ready for him to be walking!!! But that is okay.
- He LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He laughs at Mickey and Goofy (especially Goofy) all the time. And whenever they do the 'Hot Dog' dance at the end, he just bops along to the music. Too cute.
- He had his first taste of real green beans, cheerios, crackers and vanilla wafers this month, and he seems to like the cheerios the best.
- And speaking of food, he LOVES some of the new foods I've been getting for him. I figured it was time to expand beyond just fruits and veggies. And he absolutely LOVES the macarroni and cheese. Other new favorites are chicken and brocolli, chicken vegtable and vegtable beef.

I'm still very anxious about getting his bed and all his stuff out of our room so we can take it back over. Once we get him out of the room, we can both do stuff in there after he goes to bed. I'm hoping that within the next two weeks we can get that done.

No comments: