Last night I had fun scrapbooking. But I had a major creativity block - which happens alot. I have a very hard time coming up with layout ideas all on my own. I seem to have great ideas while I'm looking through the magazines or on scrappers blogs - but when I have to come up with something new i have a hard time. I guess I'll just be a scraplifter for ever.
Yesterday I went and bought all the stuff needed to fix a big spagetti dinner for my whole family. Well, today my Dad decides to change plans and take us all out to eat. I guess I really shouldn't complain because now I don't have to cook and then clean up after that many people eating - but couldn't he have told me this a day ago? Yesterday, the last place I wanted to go after work was walmart - but I did it anyway. And now, I have enough spagetti stuff to fix at least 4 meals for us. Oh well, at least it is something I cook alot. Now the only thing I'm going to have to cook when I get home is dad's birthday cake. Dark Chocolate Fudge cake with Cream Cheese Icing. Yum. One slice is about as many calories/points as I should have in one day. So once you add the pizza buffet and the cake afterwards - I won't be able to eat again for days. I guess today should be considered a splurge day and maybe I can workout some this weekend to make up for it. Since the whole family will be coming to my house after dinner for cake - hopefully most of it will get eaten and I won't have to stress having it in the house for days - which will be all too much temptation for me.
Dad did love his birthday card. It was very similar to this album that I learned how to make at the Scrap Etc event last March. I used a large 5x7 envelope and the used ribbon to tie in a handful of photos. I should have taken a picture of it, but I was in a rush to get it in the mail in time. And last weekend I actually finished that album. I was two pictures short of finishing at the event - so I picked two pictures and added the journaling for those pages.
So, I'm 3 of 7 for Heather's current weekly challenge - which was to post everyday for a week. I have noticed that everyone's blogs (including mine) have slowed down quite a bit lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment