It is already Friday. I've been so busy at work during the day and getting ready for my yard sale tomorrow that I haven't had time to blog even once. Kinda sad. I used to post almost everyday during the week, and then never post on the weekends - now it is the opposite. hopefully this won't last too long. I can't imagine staying busy like this at work much longer. Lately I've been having trouble sleeping and I'm constantly thinking about work and work related stuff. I guess I'm stressing too much and i really shouldn't do that to myself.
I did get a good email yesterday though. I was going to do a website for a local photographer, but she got too busy and I thought that it just wasn't going to happen. Well, we are meeting at the local library on Wednesday afternoon to discuss more details. I'm not charging very much at all because i'm hoping that once i do a few different sites, I can start charging more - and people will be able to look at a site when they are deciding if they want me to do it or not. right now, i don't really have any references for the new 'customers' to go by, but hopefully that will all change soon. I would love to make some extra money making websites on the side. And once I get a handful of sites created, I will have 'templates' to use so that I can create new ones without really having to do that much coding.
I really want to start playing around with photography and actually learning how to use the camera. Back in march at the scrapbook weekend I attended a very AWESOME photography lecture. But the thing is, I don't have an SLR camera, so I can't do some of the cool things that i would like to learn with my camera. like blurring the background for example. And I don't have the money to buy a fancy SLR camera right now. Well, I had a brilliant idea this week - my Pop used to have a very very nice camera when we were little. I remember him attaching different flashes and lenses and taking lots of pictures of us. I called my Grandma and she still has it, so she is going to let me have it. Now, it is a very old camera that uses film, but I can't wait to play around with it. I haven't shot with film in years, so i think it will bring back a little bit of excitement when I go to pick up the film at the store. Another thing that i'm really excited about is the fact that I get something that was so important to my Pop. He really loved photography, and you can tell by the way that he kept all the manuals, notebooks of 'tips' and instructions, and the fact that he had all this very 'fancy' equipment at a time when cameras were not even something that most people owned. I can't wait to pick it up at my grandma's house this weekend.
So - this yard sale is tomorrow. Eric is out putting up all the signs for me right now. I'm pretty prepared - eric and his friend are going to bring down a bunch of stuff from the bonus room to add to the sale. Eric doesn't know it, but one of the main reasons I'm doing the sale is so I can get him a good Father's Day present. I'm hoping to make about $200 - $300 at least! Depends on how much big stuff sales. And then whatever doesn't sell is getting loaded up and taken to goodwill. I'm finally getting close to one of my goals for this year - which is to get the garage organized and to move Eric's old car into it. I haven't really priced anything - but I know how to price stuff for garage sales very quickly, considering I have been going to them ever since i can remember. My Grandma, the same one that sparked my love for crafts and sewing, used to take me and my sister all the time when we were little. Then once I got older, we always went together to the local sales and the flea market. Lots of my passions were sparked by Grandma Stella, and for that I will always be very grateful.
I'm down another pound - I hope. This week I actually lost 2 lbs, but one of them was already lost and gained back, so i don't really count it. So, down 18 total. 4 lbs away from my June goal of 5. And the no sugar thing - that didn't really work out too well. those darn sweets are my weakness - that and mexican. I should stop talking about food before i start getting a craving...really.
I better get off to bed, i'm going to be up very early tomorrow for this yard sale. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment