Monday, June 25, 2007

Sleepy Monday

Another weekend has come and gone. I ran in a marathon on Saturday. Actually, I walked more than I ran, but I did it. My friend Ashlee called and wanted to go - but Saturday morning is my thrifting/garage sale-ing time, but I ended up going anyway - and it was FUN. I got a very good workout too.

I'm down 3 lbs this month, don't think I can make the 5 lb goal, but hopefully I will be down 4 by Sunday.

My Dad is coming to visit Thursday night - which is great - but that means that we have to get the house CLEAN for him. That is the only thing I hate about company - the cleaning. Not that our house is filthy - because it isn't - but when company comes over to stay you just want it to be a little better than normal.

Nights are still very bad. Peyton got up 3 times last night. I think it is his teeth. He is cutting yet another bottom tooth. I know I've said this before, but I have not slept all night in months. Please tell me this phase is going to end very very soon.

I don't think the website that I was creating for a local photographer is going to work. She wants a very fancy flash website - and it is just going to take me too long to program it for what I gave her as an estimate. I've already spent hours on it, and it isn't near finished. The estimate that I gave her was for a pretty basic website with a nice photo gallery - but that wasn't good enough. I even had a prototype done for her. Oh well, now I just have to suck it up and tell her how it is.

I finished a very cute card for my dad's birthday, along with some brownies and his Father's day card to go into the mail today. I also had a great idea about how to stay connected wtih him, even though we are living far away - so I asked him to be my pen pal. We will write letters back and forth, each time asking each other 5 questions. I got this idea from a book I bought in Hallmark called 'A Mother's Legacy'. This book is full of questions for Mom's to fill out about their childhood, lessons, memories, etc - and I have no idea what the answers would be for either of my parents - so I'm going to use the book to help me come up with questions for my dad. We shall see how this goes.

And I really need to finish my Father's Day post for Eric. I want to work on this when I can take a few moments to myself to really think and reflect on what to say. These are feelings that I want to get down on paper for me and so that one day Peyton can read them and see how much his Daddy loves him and how much Peyton adored him.

No comments: