Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My home computer DIED!

My dear, sweet, darling computer finally croaked on Sunday night. I was trying to install my All-in-one printer so I could print some pictures and maybe, just maybe get a scrapbook page done. Well, the install was taking forever, and after it finally finished, my computer died. It would NOT cut on. And somehow, I was an erie calm. I do have all my pictures backed up, but besides that, I would have lost everything.

But, my brother-in-law, Rob, is a computer genius. He knows how to build them, and fix them. I just know how to use them. I knew that I could take out the hard drive and get data off of it, and then just wipe the computer clean, but actually doing this myself - NO WAY! Rob did this all for me, and then upgraded my computer to XP! All I can say is WOW! I feel like I have a new computer. I'm going to buy some more memory and then it will REALLY be like a new computer. It is almost a blessing that this happened. I was so seriously considering buying a new computer, and this 'accident' has saved us close to $1000.00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, I have a cousin-in-law named Rob who built our new one!He's awesome with these things. Must be a Rob thing;)

Cari said...

So glad the computer was saved!!! I hate it when things like that happen!