I haven't really talked much about our truck lately. We LOVE the truck, however, I'm NOT loving the gas prices. I know that we JUST bought it, but it is eating us alive in gas. I honestly didn't think the gas would cost that much more in the truck than it did in the Mustang. We went from no car payment, and about $200-300 per month in gas and insurance to a payment of $470 plus around $300 in gas and a $60 increase in insurance. So, the truck is costing us between $800-$900 a month...
Today we are going to Toyota and we are going to see what they would offer on a trade in. If we wouldn't lose much money, we are going to trade for either a Toyota Yaris or Prius. The Yaris is significantly cheaper than the truck and it gets 34 mpg in the city. The Prius is more expensive than the truck, but it gets (0n average) 50 mpg. The yaris is pretty small though, about the size of a honda civic, so the Prius is the best option because it has more back seat room and trunk space. Just depends on the price and payments...
I will feel so much better not wasting so much money each month in gas. Eric and I are both so aggrevated with ourselves for not making the more 'responsible' decision when we bought the truck. We need to really start thinking about less about what we *want* and more about what we *need*...so lets see how this goes.
If they don't offer enough on the trade in, we will keep trying to sell the truck, but the papers are littered with people trying to get rid of their trucks and suv's...so I'm praying they give us a decent deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment