The weekend goes so quickly.
It was so great to get to see my Aunt Penny and cousin Erin at the shower on Saturday. We got so lost and arrived 45 minutes late, and I was getting SOOO frustrated, but it was all good once we FINALLY got there. Penny is so happy, and she deserves this Soooo much. Took a few great pictures of the 5 of us (me, mom, Stacey, Penny and Erin) and I'll post them sometime.
Worked on Peyton's hutch some this weekend too. I don't think I'm ever going to finish it. Seriously! I resanded it, re-primed it, and it BETTER be ready for the real paint or I'm going to just throw it out by the road. Very very frustrating.
Eric spent all day Saturday working in the yard. It looks great. We have a pretty big yard, so it takes alot of work. We still have about 10 bales of pinestraw to lay, but I don't think I'll be helping much with that, it will hurt my back too bad. This winter we are going to lay down that lining in the flower beds so that we won't have to pull weeds so much, and re-arrange some of our shrubs. They put the ones that grow larger on the front row instead of the second row, so we are going to change those some, and maybe plant a few new things too.
I love seeing Eric take pride in our yard...at the last house, it took forever for the grass to come in, and it looked horrible in the process. By the time that we sold our house, it finally started looking nice, but he never got to enjoy all the hard work - or mine. I also started a flower garden in our back yard at the other house, and it failed miserably. Next time, I will plant flowering bushes/plants and not try to grow flowers from seeds...or at least buy the flowers/plants at Lowes or HOme Depot so it looks good immediately.
Hope this week goes by quicker. Only 5-6 weeks before Peyton will be here. I really want to get the room ready, NOW...so this week we are focusing on finishing the furniture so I can get his room set up. Also, Thursday is my work baby shower...so I'll have more stuff to organize. I've already done two loads of laundry for him, and started filling his drawers, but I haven't been washing up all of the new stuff b/c I will need to be able to return if we get duplicates or if he is 8+ pounds, all the newborn stuff will need to go back. It is fun getting ready for him though...I can't wait to see his room 'ready' for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment