The shower went SO great. I couldn't have asked for anything better. All my friends and family where there...and I got such GREAT stuff for Peyton. Oh, and there was cheesecake left, so I get to indulge everynight for about a week or so...yummy!
Peyton is going to be one 'sporty' little boy. You can tell everyone knows how much we (Eric and I) love football b/c just about every outfit or onesie had something to do with football or 'allstar' on it.
In the picture below, you can see the Red Tub. Well, it has a football painted on it with Peyton written in the middle. Christie, Kaycee and Aunt Marie got that for us. It was filled with stuff that we Really need for Peyton, and they also got him a cute picture frame, Piggy Bank and Insulated Bottle Carrier.
We also got all these things:
Car seat, 2 Monitors, Mobile, Booster Seat, Ocean Wonders Kick-n-crawl, baby bage, lots of onesies, bibs, bottles, blankets, passy's, toys, diapers, wipes, bath stuff, etc.
I'm going to take back one of the monitors and the kick-n-crawl. I was not satisfied with the quality of the kick-n-crawl for the price. $40 bucks, and it really isn't that nice. So, I think that $40 will be better spent on something else. The monitor is also $34 and we got a $25 gift card, so those 3 things combined will get us a high chair or a 3 wheeled stroller for walking/exercising after the baby comes.
Emily did such a wonderful job with everything. She also gave me a 'baby' cake, where all the layers were made out of diapers...and then covered with baby stuff. Very cute and pretty. She used it as the centerpiece. My mom did a great job with the food too. It was a hit with everyone.
I've been having fun sorting all the stuff at the house and getting things put in their place. I'm not opening some of the packages, just incase we get duplicates so I can return some of them.
Gosh, it just keeps getting more and more real. Only 7-8 weeks left. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment