Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I wish it were Sunday...

Just another manic Monday...
Oh u woa
Wish it were Sunday
Oh u woa
Cause that's my FUN day
woa u woaaa
I don't have to run day...
Just another manic Monday!

Yesterday I get to work at the inside of our building was BLAZING! The A/C had broken over the weekend. Our server room was over 100 degrees. And once I got here, I could not leave b/c the servers were way too hot and we had to shut them all down ASAP. Then, after about two hours the air started working again, so we had to bring them all back up one by one. Fun morning. A typical, "this can't be happening today", Monday morning. I ended up going home early b/c I was so tired. It was only really hot for a few hours, but it zapped all my energy.

The weekend was nice. Lauren's First Birthday was fun. Poor Kaycee and Emma had to leave b/c Emma was sick. I know that broke Kaycee's heart b/c she really wanted to be there for her nieces first birthday. Then another little girl got sick during the party, and they had to leave. We were all hoping and praying that we didn't get sick. You should have seen how protective all the mothers got. I don't blame them either...because no one wants a sick baby/child.

I thought that we would have the furniture done by now. Well, in some parts the primer coat worked great. In other areas, the next layer of paint or primer isn't sticking. It is just beading up on the surface. I'm going to have to sand those areas down and apply another coat of primer. Hopefully this piece of furniture will be finished before Peyton gets here. I don't know if I will ever paint furniture again. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad next time, since I've learned how to do it better.

The new cushions that I ordered for the rocking chair in Peyton's room are not very comfortable. They also aren't big enough. So, I'm returning them. I think I might just leave the blue gingham covered cushions that have been on there since my brother was born (16 years ago). And the cushions are the originals - which are at least 27 years old...so they are nice and comfortable.

No comments: