Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Still a boy...

Of course, I wasn't worried about that. Right now he is measuring about 3.5-4 pounds. The doctor won't do another u/s unless something is wrong (or they think something could be wrong). I asked him about how long he waited to induce, and he said that if I start thinning (or whatever you call it - effacing maybe), then he will induce at 39 weeks. I don't know if I want to be induced though. I know that it is harder than going into labor on your own...but I would know exactly what day he is going to be born and I won't have to play the waiting game for weeks.

Also, his equipment is horrible. The u/s pictures look so bad. You really can't tell what anything is. And my doctor is a great doctor, but he is also a smart ass. I trust him completely with my health and the baby's health, but sometimes he can be a jerk. I might seriously consider changing doctors after the baby gets here. I'm just not sure, I've been there 10 years and had 2 surgeries...so it will be a hard decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why induce you before your due date?? I just don't understand that. What if your due date is wrong, or miscalculated and Peyton isn't ready yet? You could 75% or more effaced (yes, that's the thinning) and still not be ready to deliver. Obviously this is totally your decision - I just wonder why he *waits* to induce at 39 weeks. Natural childbirth or not, that would make me very nervous.