Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A few little things...

- Peyton is starting to want to play with his toys. He just started this last week, and over the Christmas weekend, I caught him grabbing at his toys with both hands for the first time. He seems to be using his left hand more than his right hand, I'm hoping that he is going to be a lefty like his mommy, but I know that it is WAY too early to be able to tell.

- Lately, whenever I'm cleaning or doing laundry, I collect all of the change and then put it in Peyton's piggy bank.

- We got enough money for gifts for Christmas to hopefully be able to close the 'we need a camcorder' fund and buy one.

- Eric almost had Peyton laughing out loud yesterday, he was so close! I'm sure it won't be long before he is giggling all the time.

- My dad sounded really great when I talked to him yesterday. I had started planning on going to see him this weekend, but he said it would be better to wait another month so his probationary period is up and he can go off with us without his 'buddy'. They have a buddy for the first 6 months of the program, so I remember that from before, and it is just kind of weird whenever his 'buddy' is around. This time he only has to have a buddy for the first 2 months - I guess because he has been through the program before and came back on his own. I'm going to mail him a few things tomorrow - including some homemade goodies from Christmas.

- I lost 5 lbs last month, but I gained 7 over the holidays. Time to get remotivated again!

- Peyton is starting to get up alot more at night again. I'm really hoping that it is just a growth spirt or something, but I really need him to start only getting up once a night again. It is just too hard to get up for work after getting up 3 times at night.

- Went to our new Hobby Lobby for the first time last Friday. Wow! It is SOOo much bigger and better than Micheals. Scrapbooker and crafter heaven! Eric went with me and he and I picked out stuff for Peyton's Christmas album. Eric started a page last week - and I finished it for him, but he did really good. I'll have to post it soon. He is really creative, but he stresses everything too much. It is okay if it is a little crooked or off center - told him he needed to chill a little.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great idea about the change for Peyton's piggy bank. I'm sure it will add up fast!

Randi said...

I love this age that babies get to. They are still little but yet they are getting out of the newborn stage. It is pretty fun watching them learn new stuff, even if it's to grab a toy or laugh! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas, and I heart Hobby Lobby!! Ours is really big too. I could get lost in there and wouldn't care if anyone found me;)