Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Found more inspiration...

This site: Mom's World has inspired me to dig through my Grandmas pictures and get her commentary on all of them. I would LOVE to get all of her memories recorded for us all to enjoy. Maybe one photo a week? I don't know how I could fit it in, but it sure would be worth it.

My Grandfather, Papa Bo, was a Marine, and I fondly remember many of his war stories. He would sit with me and we would talk for hours. I know that there is no way I can remember all of them - and I wish that I did. He also played major league Baseball - and right now I can't even remember the team. If I can only remember a few now, just think how hard it will be to remember the stories later in life.

It would be very rewarding for me to get with both of my Grandma's and get stories from them about their childhood and my Pop and Papa Bo's childhood. Both Grandma Glad and Stella are approaching 80, so now is definitely the time for this.

And Eric's Papa. He has the best stories too. Eric and I will talk with him for hours and hours. He can carry some of the best conversations!

I think I'm going to get me a voice recorder and get started on this project!!! It could be one of the things that I cherish the most if I just make it a priority to do it.

1 comment:

KellyLee said...

wow, very intriguing natalie, you should definitely do this. what an awesome treasure peyton will have, not to mention how special for you.