Sunday, December 24, 2006
Huge Scare
I've been having my first post-baby AF for a few days now, but today I've been hurting ALOT. Horrible pain in my abdomen and back. It has felt like the worst AF ever, and I have never had cramps this bad except for when i was in labor. Well, I passed a huge clot (TMI, I'm sorry), but it was different from the normal clots. It wasn't bloody at all, it looked like a huge chunk of skin. I immediately started stressing and thinking that I was having a miscarriage - when I didn't even know I was pregnant. But the doctor called us back, he said my body was just healing and that it was part of the lining of my uterus sheding. Luckily, the doctor only took about 5 minutes to call back and explain - because Eric and I were both getting very upset. If this is something that is so common, then why on earth doesn't anyone warn us - or tell us what to expect during that first AF. Geez. Why do we have to learn everything the hard way when it comes to female problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Natalie how awful!! I'm so glad it's not what you thought it was, and I hope the pain lessens for you. My first AF wasn't bad - everyone told me it would be the worst one ever - but it was just really long (it last 9 days!). This last time it was much better and only lasted 5, so we're getting there.
On a totally different note, have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your first Holiday with your precious Peyton.
Natalie, that would freak me out!!! I am so glad your doctor called back fast, there is nothing worse than being left with your thoughts for a long period. i am so glad it is nothing to be alarmed about.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your baby boy and husband. What a season to be thankful!
I agree wholeheartedly! I had the same scare. They really should tell you...they seem to be pretty stingy with the information AFTER the baby is born.
I had the same scare too, although I expected it because my sister had her baby 3 months before me. thank goodness she told me what to expect though, or I would have seriously thought I was bleeding out or dying or something.
They get better though :)
Post a Comment