Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Ode to craftyness
I would LOVE to be more like Soulemama. She made this cute skirt and an adorable dress for her little girl. I have no idea how she has the time to do anything. She is a SAHM, but she has 3 kids, which are all pretty young. I don't think I would be able to do a fourth of what she does with just Peyton. However, she is so inspiring. I want a little girl one day so I can make her dresses and teach her all the 'crafty' things that I know, including how to sew. Sewing seems to be becoming a lost talent. Just like woodworking. Yes, people still do it, but nothing like back in the old days. I have so many fond memories of my Grandma making me little outfits when I was a kid and then once I got to highschool she started teaching me and helping me make my own clothes. I have made many dresses and skirts for myself, all of which will probably NEVER fit me again, yet I cannot throw them out. They are all special. Especially the ones that we made together. I attribute most of my craftyness to my Grandma. We did so many different types of crafts when I was growing up! I hope to be able to enjoy things like that with my children and grandchildren. These are the things that make me even more excited about being a MOM!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment