Yesterday the doctor gave Peyton antibiotics since he thinks that his cold could be turning into a sinus infection, and he seems a little better already. I haven't really blogged about how great he is doing at night now - but he is. Every night he goes down for bed around 8:00 without any problems. I just feed him, rock him for as long as I want, and then lay him in his bed and leave the room. I really enjoy this time every night. I usually rock and cuddle with him for at least 15 minutes longer than I 'need' to...but this is our special time every night. He is still getting up around 3:00 for a feeding, but that is 7 hours straight and I couldn't be happier!!!
Tonight my mom is going to come watch Peyton for a few hours and we are going to go to the mall. I'm going to pick up his Christmas pictures, exchange a gift, and HOPEFULLY get a bra that fits comfortably. But I have a headache. Last time mom was going to come watch Peyton I had a headache and had to cancel. Typical. I hope I feel better by tonight.
My dad is back in Rehab. He really started messing up pretty bad after he lost his apartment (due to not getting his roommate approved) and then finding out that my mom was getting remarried. He was doing really good for over a year, but during the last 3 months or so, he has fallen off the wagon BIG time. I hate that he has to live the way that he does. I know that it isn't fun being broke all the time - since he is disabled living on social security - which is NOT enough for anyone to live on - which is why he always had to have a roommate. Anyway, I need to make up a package to send to him. I sent him one last year also, but he didn't get it until February. I'm thinking maybe I can just send him a card with some pictures and maybe a carton of cigs or something. I hate this cycle that he has been living for the past 5+ years. It is REALLY hard to keep faith that he will one day be better. Every time he gets better, he eventually reverts back again. The Rehab place is bible based, Pentecostal I believe, but bible based regardless of denomination. The ONLY way that he is ever going to get better is through the lord. My dad needs to find the lord again, and keep him with him at all times. My dad was saved a few years ago, at Promised Land (the rehab facility), so he is back on the right track. He was even a counselor there for awhile. He just needs to get back on that track and STAY motivated and keep his relationship with Christ going at all times.
1 comment:
I'm glad Peyton is getting better! And yay for 7 hour nights, that's great!!
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but hopefully this will be a turning point for him.
Post a Comment