Wednesday, March 07, 2007

5 months old

5 Months Old


5 Months Old! Wow. I wrote in his journal on Sunday night, and I had a hard time remembering all the 'highlights' from his 5th month. Last month he didn't really start doing anything *new* but he just got way better at all the things that he learned in his 4th month.

The highlights:
  • Started eating rice cereal, but I don't give this to him too much b/c I'm afraid it will fatten him up too much.
  • He can roll like a champ now. I can't leave him alone on the bed at all, and we can't leave him on the floor for very long either.
  • He is STILL getting up once a night. Usually around 3:30-4:00. I think that this might be a habit at this point b/c he isn't even hungry some nights.
  • He still likes baby einstein - but isn't interested in sitting in the bouncer to watch.
  • He is a champ at baby talking and giggling. We LOVE to make him laugh. It is the greatest sound ever.
  • He is in size 3 diapers in the day and 4's at night.
  • I believe he weights about 16 pounds, but I'm not sure exactly because he hasn't been to the doctor this month.
  • He is now in size 6 m clothes and has outgrown most of his 3-6 m. Last weekend I got out all of the 6-12 m clothes and washed them.
  • He slept two nights in his own room and did fine, but we like him in our room better - so he will be with us (in his playpen in our room) for a little longer. I think if our house wasn't a split floor plan it would be easier to move him to his room, but since it is all the way across the house, we like him in with us much better.

I really want to get him sleeping through the night. I don't know how to break this habit. I try to ignore him to see if he can go back to sleep on his own, but he starts huffing and puffing and getting so awake that I have to rock him and sometimes feed him. Also, when I was washing up all the hand-me-down 6-12 month clothes, most of them are winter and I don't think he is going to be in 12m clothes next winter. He is a big boy already, so I'm guessing that at his first birthday we will probably be requesting 18m clothes. Not sure, but we shall see. It stinks though, because that means that the hand-me-downs are not going to be the right season. Oh well, at least some of them will still work.




3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy 5 Months Peyton! You are getting to be such a big boy!

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh Natalie, he's so adorable!! Happy 5 months precious Peyton.

KellyLee said...

sweet, sweet, sweet...Sounds like he is doing great. Chloe is still whomping him in weight though. I feel the same way about rice cereal...I hesitate to give her any because she is such a chunk already. He really is adorable. Do you do pacifiers? I have started adding hours onto Chloe's sleep by giving her a pacifier instead of feeding her at night and it is working for us. Just an idea.