Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Still stressed at work

I’m having the hardest time finding time to blog lately. Work is still beyond stressful. I don’t need to keep complaining, but it is true. I have enough work for two people and it seems that I keep getting more. I’ve been helping train one of our co-ops for over a year now, and now we find out that they are not going to be staying with us because we do not have jobs for them due to a hiring freeze. This is so frustrating. Now that she is finally “getting” it and really able to help me, she will be leaving. And I have a big project that was just assigned to me, and they were both assigned to be my ‘team’ for this project. Now I’m not going to have a team and I’m already stressing my deadline.

I’m still having problems with my database server. Huge problems! And I have no idea how to fix them, nor do I have time to stop programming in order to focus on database problems when technically I’m not the one that should be doing database work, we have a server team for that but they aren’t very helpful.

I can’t keep working like this forever. If this doesn’t let up soon I’m going to seriously start looking for a transfer within the gov’t or a new job somewhere else.

No comments: