Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Okay house, it is time to say Goodbye!

Since we have made the decision to sell the house, I want it to be SOLD NOW! I hate living with all the 'what if's'. I want to know when the house is going to sell and where we will move and I want to start DOING it - I want to start packing and purging and planning on where we will be next. Of course, we have no idea when the house will sell. It might take awhile. Last time it took about 2 months, and we only showed the house 3 times. If it went like that again - that would be GREAT. We are trying to sell-by-owner which can take longer than with a realtor - but we don't have to pay a hefty fee (5% is the going rate here, so that is thousands of dollars).

I also stress about the house. There are a few things that are visually wrong. The cracked tile, the counter that is just a hair too short, the bar area that got cut short so there is no way you could actually sit and eat, the missing piece of molding around the tub in the bathroom, the wrong paint on the front door, etc. I could go on - but I won't.

We both really liked the house we saw last Friday, but of course we can't possibly buy a house after looking at only ONE. And we can't buy a house until our house is sold, so really looking now is like a tease. The perfect house could be right there NOW, but it doesn't matter b/c we can't buy it now. So, why bother looking until we have ours sold.

If we don't have it sold within 3 months, we might consider listing it with a realtor so we don't miss the spring/summer house buying time (which is the best time of the year to buy and sell).

No comments: