Monday, March 13, 2006

GREAT Weekend

Our weekend with Dad was so great. He is doing so well, and I'm so happy for him. His apartment (duplex) is alot nicer than I had imagined. 2 brs, 1 bath, and a huge kitchen. Much larger than in any apartment I have ever been in.

Friday night we got there pretty late, so all we did was unload, talk, and then go to bed. But Saturday was full of stuff. First we went to Amicola Falls, where we saw the waterfall, and grilled out hotdogs. The hot dogs were so good. I'm not a huge fan of hotdogs, but these were just perfect. I could have been due to the fact that we were starving by then...

Stacey and Dilyn did walk up all the steps at the falls, I only went about half way, and I thought I was going to die before I finished. After lunch, we went back to Dads, and we all took a nap. Of course, the kids got up before anyone else wanted too, and started making lots of noise. And being the light sleeper that I am, my nap was cut short, and I couldn't go back to sleep. So, Dad and I took Dilyn outside while everyone else napped, and then Damon woke up and joined us.

Then we all went down to the river in Ellijay. They have a nice river walk, which is about 1 1/2 miles. We all walked for awhile, and then Eric and Corey (my brother) left to go get food, and Dad and the rest of us kept walking. Then we ate till we were all stuffed, but we did play with the kids on the playground for a little while until it was time to the sun to set. We saw one of the most gorgeous sunsets I have ever scene, and counted down how fast it took the sun to fall. From the time that the sun hit the top of the mountain line, until you could no longer see it was only 3 - 3 1/2 minutes.

We then went back to Dad's house, but the baby was really hot. So, we went to the store to get him some medicine, and rented a movie. I chose Sahara, which is a great movie, one that I didn't mind watching again, and it was okay for the kids to see. Damon of course was sleeping the whole time b/c he didn't feel good, but Dilyn really liked the movie.

Then Sunday, before we left, we went to eat a Mexican Buffet. YUMMY. Then we dropped Dad off and left for home. The minivan that we went in was very nice, and brand new. It only had 500 miles on it when we got it. One tank of gas got us all the way there, all around town for 2 days, and back. :)

I hope to be able to do this again sometime soon. I feel bad that it has been over a year since we have all gone to see him. I'm thinking that we are going to need to make it a priority for a trip at least twice a year.

No comments: