My nephew Dilyn has always been kind of 'girlie'. Now, I do not in any way think that he is going to grow up to be gay, but he definitely does some things that make you wonder. He always has to brush his hair about 10 times before leaving for school, he gets all excited about new clothes and shoes, he always has to have his 'accessories' for his outfits (belt and watch mainly), and then he LOVES stuffed animals. He has so many that he plays with, and they all have names, and he sleeps with some of them...and this just seems a little bit girlie to me. Now, in his defense, he does play with *normal* boy stuff, like ninja turtles, hot wheels, power ranges, etc.
Okay, so the funny story. It might not seem as funny writing about it as it was in real life. When we were at my dad's, we were watching Sahara. GREAT movie. Matthew McConaughey is the main character...and about half way through the movie, Dilyn goes, "He looks good". We all look around the room at each other, and then BUST out laughing. I have to agree with him, he is quite handsome, but a 6 year old boy saying something like that!! My sister (his mom) said, "What do you mean Dilyn?", and he says, "I like his hair"...then we all busted out laughing again. Funny Funny!!
1 comment:
that is funny - I can relate, I have a cousin whom I'm close too and he's always been more *feminine* than any other boy I know. I can totally see him saying something like that too.
Post a Comment