Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot

We just got back from Dilyn's baseball game, and boy was it hot. Blazing Hot! I got some sun, and I put on sunscreen. And I was sweating like a pig. I got up, and you could see a "sweat" line down my back, my crack, and between my legs. Yuck. Definitely NOT the look I was going for.

We got in the pool as soon as we got home, and that really helped so much. I actually feel relaxed now. We are about to leave to go to Eric's grandpa's. I baked corn casserole, and I sure hope it is as yummy as all the other times. I didn't have the recipe this time, so it was all on memory...and it has been awhile since I cooked it.

Oh, and they are clearing the lot on one side of us today, and they delivered dirt to the lot on the other side. I'm so happy that they are going to go ahead and build these houses now, because it would really stink if we just brought our baby home and the roofing or framing crew was working from sun up to sun down right next door while I was trying to get some sleep. Our 'corner' of the neighborhood has the most houses, because these lots are the best. We will have about 8 houses in a row finished soon, and the rest of the neighborhood only has one or two per street. Now we just have to wait and see what the houses look like and where they put their driveways. We don't want a house that looks just like ours next door, but really, the people can build anything they want...and there are only so many styles of *country* homes, and ours is one of the most popular designs.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Corn Casserole, I love that stuff and it's so easy to whip up;)