Monday, June 26, 2006

We are back.\

The trip was nice. Dilyn did REALLY well the whole time, and only had a few of his little *pouty* phases. Dad was doing great, I guess. I just feel so sorry for him. I rode in his car (so that I could pay for him some gas) and I was honestly scared! I prayed about five times while we were out just because I was afraid. I didn't feel safe at all, and it didn't help that while he was pumping gas he told me about how bad his tires were, and that the metal was almost showing on the back two. Yikes. So, guess what, I bought him a set of used tires for his birthday instead of a new pair of tennis shoes. Suprise, Suprise. I don't know if I feel like he had a *plan* for this or not, but I hate that we are constantly in this situation. I can't do anything nice for him w/o him saying, well, I really need X instead of that.

I don't know how I feel about doing the rental property in the mountains now. I just got a BAD gut feeling about it once we were there, and dad was asking for gas and money. This is something that is not out of the ordinary, but seeing him live this way is sad. I didn't tell Eric about this until after we went and looked at the properties though...because he was so excited about it. But, we discovered that the lots in our price range were that price for a reason. And the nicer ones cost just about what we wanted to spend on a lot plus cabin. And the used ones in our price range are just sooo small. So, we will keep looking for a house around here to flip or buy as a rental.

We have decided that whatever we buy, if it doesn't flip for a reasonable price, we will keep it and rent it out. That way, no matter what we should be okay. I'm not stressing the house not selling, like I said before, but I think that we do have a backup plan now.

Dilyn had a blast in the indoor pool. Which was wonderful because it rained the whole time we were away. Sunday we had a few hours between checkout of the cheapo hotel and check in at the other hotel and we walked around downtown ellijay to a few antique shops and then went and had ice cream in an old fashioned ice cream parlor. Reminded me of something that you would see on Andy Griffin.

Well, I better get to sleep. At least I caught up on most of my blogs and emails tonight so tomorrow when I get to work I won't waste anytime doing personal type stuff. No that I do that anyway...but I do feel guilty if it takes more than 15 minutes or so...

No comments: