Friday, June 23, 2006

TGIF

I'm so glad that it is Friday. This has been a very busy week...at work and at home. I have pictures that I have been meaning to share since Monday, and still haven't gotten around to it. I'll post them TODAY.

I had a BRILLIANT idea for our *flip*. We live about 3 hours from the mountains, and property up there is at a reasonable rate right now where my dad lives. About 30 minutes away, the property values have started to really jump, so now would be a great time to build/buy a 2nd home/investment property in the mountains. Of course, we really can't afford another house payment, but we would have a permenant tenant. My dad. He could also look after the place if it doesn't work out with him and make sure whoever we do rent it to takes care of it, etc.

This weekend we are going to Ellijay and we are going to check out some land, meet with a few log builders, and get pre approved for the financing. We have already been approved by our local bank, but they are local, and they only finance homes/property within the middle georgia area, mainly because they go and inspect the homes before any loans are approved.

We have found a great gated resort type community that has just gotten started. Prices are reasonable still, so now would be a great time to build. Lots are anywhere from $7,000 to $50K-70K depending on the view, and I found a great one that isn't on the river, but has river access, which the agent said ment the river was only a few lots away, so you could walk to it and hear it outside. We are excited, but of course you can't jump into anything like this, so we are going to really do our research and make sure we can afford it...

Hope the weekend works out for us, and that we know if we can or can't do this. If not, we are still very interested in that other place that I talked about before...which could be a good flip.

No comments: