Monday, June 12, 2006

House headaches...

Will they ever end? We have been in our house for about 4 months now, and just realized that our insulation in the attic area is NOT done. Our builder was so sorry. He should NOT be building houses. Especially for people. It just isn't right. Maybe building them to resell them himself, he could do that, just don't LIE to people b/c you go over budget and take too long EVERY SINGLE TIME. He is doing another house in our neighborhood now, and I feel so sorry for the people b/c the house has been sitting there FOREVER. Just like ours did. I know how they feel because we felt that SAME way. For MONTHS!

Okay, back to my point. I call the A insulation company in our town. Happens to be the same company that did our house. Seems that WE still owe them $600 for work they did on the house in December. WE owe money, that until today we had no idea. They never tried to call, and we had to get a thing signed by our builder before we closed on the house saying that EVERYTHING was paid for. They don't let you close on a house if you have ANY outstanding balances. But, this bill isn't against the builder. NO. It is against us. And we didn't even know. If I wouldn't have just happened to call this company today we would have had NO IDEA. Why they didn't try to contact us, we have no idea...probably because they never went through us for anything, they went through the builder.

So, today is the day that we have *officially* decided that we are going to sue our builder. So many things were wrong with our house, including the builder adding about 150 square feet because they made a mistake while they were framing the foundation. If you mess up on a foundation, guess what, your stuck with it. No, we went over budget, and you can't tell me that the extra square feet didn't have anything to do with that.

And the fact that it took over 10 months to build our house, a house that should have EASILY been built in 3 months, 4 TOPS.

And the fact that he is doing this to other people. It just wasn't *our* house that had bad things happen. It has happened over and over.

I would like to say that building a house is NOT always like this. Our last house, I LOVED the process and the builder. I would go back to them again. This is NOT normal.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Good for you!!! Builders should not be able to do that. Too many people let them get away with it! I hope he learns his lesson quick.

Randi said...

You need that guy from Discovery Home Channel. I can't remember his name, he comes in and fixes what these contractor/builders have messed up. I am so sorry about all that! Why can't they do it right the first time, ya know? I hope everything turns out ok for you and things get fixed real quick!!