Another week at work. At least the days go by pretty quickly and when the week is over, we are that much closer to meeting our baby. Each week seems to go pretty fast, so maybe just maybe the next 17 weeks won't take forever.
We have a date for our baby shower. August 12th. Eric's sister is going to host it for us at her house, which is about 5 miles from our house. I helped throw her shower when she was pregnant with Michaela. I designed the cutest invitations with a vellum overlay and a pink ribbon at the top. You have seen this design a million times by now, but it was pretty new then. I told her I really didn't care about a theme for the party, she could do whatever she wanted, and the cheap stuff was fine with me.
Our nursery *theme* is going to be football, and the bathroom is the ocean critters. Oh, and the baby does have his own bathroom - at least for now. He will eventually share it with his siblings that come along later. We have a 'jack and jill' bath that is between the two back bedroom, so it is connected to his room and the office. Eventually the office will be another baby/child room, but for now we are using it as an office.
Speaking of the office, I really didn't get to clean/organize it this weekend. Saturday was so busy all day that I didn't get anything done around the house except clean the kitchen (which is a daily thing). I can't believe how quickly the kitchen gets dirty. Every night I have a sink full of dishes from each day. Especially on the weekend. Eric cleaned the laundry room for me, but it isn't organized, just in piles now instead of all over the room - but it looks a TON better. I promised myself that I would work in the office during the week so that I won't have to worry with it next weekend. And I did pull all the weeds in the front bed. It takes about 30 minutes every other week, but if you let it go much longer, it will take forever. Those things grow so quickly. I really should do it every week, but usually I don't.
And I completely forgot about Narnia. I rented two movies while we had Dilyn, and Eric and I were going to watch Narnia yesterday, and I forgot about it. I guess I'll have to take it back today, that was a waste. I hate wasting money!
2 comments:
Those sound like great themes! I can't wait to see pics! We still haven't gotten around to decorating the kids bathroom yet. It's so awesome that yours connects between the bedrooms. I've always wanted that!!
Hope work flies by for you!!!!
I can't wait to see pics of the baby's room all done! How exciting!
Post a Comment